Trainers, Pokémon GO is being updated to version 0.37.0 for Android and 1.7.0 for iOS. Release notes: https://t.co/AscNE8wlvT
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) September 10, 2016
Key features of this update include:
- Implemented Buddy Pokémon: Trainers will be able to pick your favorite Pokémon from your collection as your ‘buddy’ which enable to you gain Candy by walking certain distance. Maybe chose a Pokémon which you need more candies for as your buddy. (Magikarp, I choose you!)
- User Interface and Performance Fixes:
- Made it easier to select smaller Pokémon on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where Eggs would sometimes hatch without displaying the animation.
- Improved performance reliability when a device switches networks to no longer cause the application to hang or stop updating.
- Pokémon GO Plus support
Niantic Labs emphasized their goal to eliminate bots and scrappers from scrapers from Pokémon GO. Thus, in their developer release notes, they included that rooted or jailbroken devices are not supported by Pokémon GO app. If you use a rooted or jailbroken device, we recommend not to update your version. This however will make some features might not work smoothly.
Want more Pokémon GO stories? Check out our past articles: