“Not on that onesie, you’re not.”, a remark made by Tony Stark to Peter Parker when he discovered Peter’s Spider-Man costume in “Captain America : Civil War” movie.
Released via a video last Friday (Jan 6) at the Consumer Electronics Show 2017 (CES 2017) the upgrades made by Tony Stark in Spider-Man costume. Check out the video here:
— Spider-Man (@SpiderManMovie) January 5, 2017
- Web Shooter
- Laser Targeting System – Great tool for catching the correct bad-guy
- Selectable Web Types – Easily create a web of almost any form, may it be a net or parachute or just a sling
- GPS Tracking System
- Holographic Wrist Display
- Web Wings
- Similar to a wing-suit, this allows Spider-Man to glide through the air.
- The Web Wings add surface area adds surface area to the human body to enable a significant increase in lift. Check out the Physics of Spiderman’s Web Wings, an article by Wired.
- In the comics, the Web Wings debut at Amazing Fantasy #15 issue.
- Expressive Eyes
- Way better improvement to the initial ‘onesies’ with goggles Peter had for a Spider-Man costume shown at the “Captain America: Civil War” when Tony met Peter for the first time. Watch the clip here.
You would notice some of the upgrades have been already been seen on the “Spider-Man: Homecoming” trailers, and from “Captain America: Civil War” movie. We think that the costume upgrade is one of the components to further cement the connection and relationship of Spider-man to Tony Stark, then of course to the Avengers.
Directed by Jon Watts and stared by Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Donald Glover, Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr., Spider-man : Homecoming premiers on July 7, 2017. Check out the Spider-man : Homecoming trailer here:
So what do you think of these upgrades? Give us your thoughts at the comment section below!