After a great showing with DiRT 3, Codemasters have announced that DiRT 4 will be available for the Sony Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC starting June 9, 2017! DiRT, for the uninitiated, has been a very successful racing franchise, earning rave reviews with every outing, almost always improving sequel after sequel. DiRT 4 takes the passion and authenticity of off-road racing to the next level, whilst also re-introducing gamers to white-knuckle truck and buggy racing. What makes DiRT such a successful series? Well, double FIA World Rallycross Champion Petter Solberg and rally driver Kris Meeke have both been involved in the development of DiRT 4 and really, who better to give advice than the guys who are actually out there on the course, and champions at that!
The level creation technology here is insane and something that offers ultimate customizability resulting in endless replayability is always a good thing! “Your Stage” allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique stages at the touch of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race. You can then share and challenge your friends to take on your bespoke stage.
DiRT 4 offers new and seasoned players a ton of features that takes rally racing to the next level!
- OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
- LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
- JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
- DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
- CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
- COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
- TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
- DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.
Feast your eyes these screenshots below and rub your eyes a few times because they are not deceiving you, these are in-game shots and if any game was to look this good, then sign me up! Get your engines revving as DiRT 4 hits home on June 9, 2017!