So this was a treat. I saw this little flyer being distributed and, wow, did it catch my eye. It seems like a new Internet Provider named XNET is here and is offering some AMAZING INTERNET PACKAGES!
Okay. Because I was really curious, I called their office and started asking questions to clarify the packages / features. Here’s the info I was able to gather:
- Yes, they have no data caps whatsoever
- Yes, no lock-ins. You just have to pay an initial equipment fee.
- SYMMETRICAL UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD – This was the BEST part of the whole thing. This means that whatever your download speed is, that too will be your upload speed! So if your plan is 4 mbps, then that means you’ll have 4mbps download and 4mbps upload which is AMAZING for content creators, virtual assistants, etc.
- Wireless Fiber means that a receiver of sorts is installed on the roof of the building to catch the signal and then fiber wires are then used to disseminate this to users
- Initial fee will consist of the following:
- The payment for the first month
- Equipment cost of around PHP 3,000
- 12% Tax
It seems that XNET is still in their initial trial stages before they offer their services to a wider range of areas. At this point, their only trial residence is GA Tower (along EDSA near Boni MRT) so if you live there, consider yourself lucky (hopefully) to get to test out the service for yourself. The current payment methods are also only via Paypal and Paymaya.
Hopefully, this all goes well and the service becomes more developed (and actually launches to other parts of Metro Manila. But all the same, it’s nice to see that services like this are popping up. It gives us a good hope for the future of gaming, eSports, content creation, etc. in the PH!
Check them out for yourselves: