Missed out on Final Fantasy XV? Well there’s no excuses now because on March 6, Square Enix will be releasing its definitive “Royal Edition” that will be packed of new features. Check out the trailer first before we get into detail:
Aside from the base game, you will get all previous DLC content, including the 3 episodes and the Comrades multiplayer game. But there is so much much being stuffed into here, as you can see below:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
Also on March 6 will the game see play on the PC. Expect it to run at its optimal point at at 4K resolution (to a maximum of 8k). And since its on that platform, its safe to say that we can expect some mods down the line.