As we know, a Remastered version of Dark Souls is set to be released in a few days (May 25 to be exact, May 24 in the Philippines!) on the Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Having played through the original version, I for one am excited because while the level of difficulty is enough to make anyone want to throw their controller across the room, overcoming the game brings a level of satisfaction only a few games can deliver.
So, what’s new? Being a remastered version of the original game, you can expect the following enhancements to make the jump back into Blighttown a truly memorable one!
- Graphical enhancements of 4K (on compatible displays for PS4, Xbox One, and PC) and 1080p normally (on PS4, Xbox One and Switch – Docked), with the tablet mode on the Switch having 720p.
- An increased framerate from 30fps to 60fps for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC (30 fps for Switch). And yes, even in Blighttown!
- Increased number of players online from 4 to 6
- Added 3v3 and 6 player deathmatch
- Easier matchmaking with friends
- Many other miscellaneous gameplay adjustments and improvements
- All DLCs previously sold separately now being included with the game.
Were you expecting “easier difficulty” somewhere in the changes? Not quite, but playing this game again in glorious 4k 60fps is enough for me praise the sun!
Are you picking up Dark Souls Remastered when it comes out? If you’re on the fence about it, check back here as we’ll be coming up with a review pretty soon!