Rekindle the first flame and start the Age of Fire all over again as Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia just announced the release date of Network Test client for the upcoming Dark Souls: Remastered this May.
According to the press release, the Network test will take place during May 11 and 12 for the PS4 and XBOX One. Network Test for the Nintendo Switch, however, will arrive later due to delay. More details below.
- Available Now: Network Test client will be deployed and downloadable for players from PlayStation Network and Microsoft Store
- May 8th 12:00 GMT+8: Network Test client is not available for download anymore.
- May 11th-12th: First players will be able to access the network test and tread on Lordran’s lands, meet their inhabitants, and fight their treacherous enemies. Network test schedule is below:
- 1st session: May 11th 17:00 to 22:00 GMT+8 for Southeast Asia territories
- 2nd session: May 12th 17:00 to 22:00 GMT+8 for Southeast Asia territories
With all that said, the only sad thing about this news is that the Nintendo Switch version is pushed back later this summer 2018 along with the Solaire of Astora amiibo. Although, it was already confirmed that it’s functional and ready to launch. Scanning this Amiibo will allow the player to perform the famous “Praise the Sun” emote.
The remastered version will include the Artorias of the Abyss DLC plus an improved frame-rate and resolution, and improving the jumping mechanic. Instead of players dashing and pressing the same button, it is now said that they are designating the L3 button (for the PS4) to do the job.
For more information regarding DARK SOULS: REMASTERED you can follow the official Dark Souls facebook page or Bandai Namco Asia facebook page for more games. You can also join the conversation on twitter.
And while we wait, let’s all Praise the Sun!
DARK SOULS: REMASTERED will be available on May 24th, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and STEAM® for PC.