Aside from hosting one of the biggest video game conventions in the region, GameStart Asia is also spearheading the further growth of the industry in SEA. One such way it does this is via its new gaming survey conducted recently from nearly 2,000 respondents from SEA countries including Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Brunei.
One of the most interesting findings from the recent survey is that 81% of gamers are “social homebodies” in that they play at home and prefer to play with friends.
Other interesting findings from the survey are:
- 45% of gamers prefer to drink carbonated beverages when playing
- 59% of gamers spend most of their playing time on PC
- This is followed by mobile (28.1%), and consoles such as PS and Nintendo Switch (12.1%)
- 21.5% of players prefer RPG titles
- 92% of gamers are in the age range of 17-45
- 60% of gamers prefer YouTube as their content platform of choice
- 52.9% are willing purchase a game
- Respondents purchased game collectibles (21.6%), game apparel (21.1%), and game merchandise (17.3%) for their favorite titles
- 1 in 3 respondents are light gamers, though 1 in 4 spend over 30 hours a week on gaming
Aside from the regional findings, GameStart Asia also released the survey results for Singaporean gamers:
GameStart 2019 was held last weekend, October 12-13, at the Suntec Convention Centre Halls 401 – 403 in Singapore. Check out the cool stuff that happened at the event here: