Announced back in BlizzCon 2018, Blizzard has finally revealed the release date for Warcraft III: Reforged, the full-scale remake of the classic Warcraft III featuring a major graphics and audio overhaul. Reforged releases on PC next year, specifically on January 29, 2020.
The game includes the original Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, as well as The Frozen Throne expansion. In total, Reforged has seven single-player campaigns with over 60 missions. Aside from the campaign, Reforged also has a full suite of contemporary matchmaking via Battle.net.
Here is the list of new features for Reforged (via Blizzard):
- Complete Graphical Overhaul: Warcraft III: Reforged brings the original game into the modern era with fully overhauled characters, structures, environments, animations, and graphical effects.
- Multiplayer between versions: Players will be able to do battle with anyone who plays Warcraft III, regardless of whether they’re playing the original or Reforged.
- Original Voice-overs: Reforged will retain the original game’s voice over recordings, preserving the authenticity of the Warcraft III.
- Rebuilt World Editor: Reforged features an all-new World Editor designed to empower the game’s longstanding creator community to reach new heights, with hundreds of new triggers, LUA scripting support, new tools for importing models, and more enhancements planned for the future.
- Full Battle.net Implementation: Players will enjoy the full suite of Battle.net features to bolster their Warcraft III experience, including text and voice chat, clans, and seamless installation and patching.
Warcraft III: Reforged releases on January 29, 2020 for PC with a price of USD $29.99 for the standard edition. Reforged will also be available in the “Spoils of War” edition which is priced at USD $39.99 and includes unique hero skins, as well as other in-game goodies for Blizzard’s other games.
Find out more about the full contents of the game’s special edition here.