After over a year since its announcement back in BlizzCon 2018, Blizzard has finally released Warcraft III: Reforged. In case you missed the game’s reveal, ‘Reforged’ is an enhanced version of Warcrat III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. This “reimagining” of Warcraft III features overhauled graphics, sound, and matchmaking features, all while retaining the classic campaign of the real-time strategy classics.
Here are the highlight Warcraft III: Reforged features (via Blizzard):
- Complete Graphical Overhaul: Warcraft III: Reforged brings the original game into the modern era with fully overhauled characters, structures, environments, animations, and graphical effects.
- Multiplayer Between Versions: Players will be able to do battle with anyone who plays Warcraft III, regardless of whether they’re playing the original or
- Higher-Fidelity Audio: Warcraft III’s audio has been remastered and improved for Reforged, including the game’s original voice-over recordings.
- Rebuilt World Editor: Reforged features an all-new World Editor designed to empower the game’s longstanding creator community to reach new heights, with hundreds of new triggers, LUA scripting support, new tools for importing models, and more enhancements planned for the future.
- Full Battle.net Implementation: Players will enjoy the full suite of Battle.net features to bolster their Warcraft III experience, including text and voice chat, groups, and seamless installation and patching.
Warcraft III: Reforged is available now from the Blizzard Shop for USD 29.99 for the standard edition. There is also a ‘Spoils of War’ edition that’s priced at USD 39.99 which includes unique hero skins for Arthas, Cenarius, Jaina, and Thrall. The special edition also includes a host of in-game bonuses for other Blizzard games, including a Meat Wagon mount for World of Warcraft, the Third War cardback for Hearthstone, the Mal’ganis pet for Diablo III, and more.
For more information on Warcraft III: Reforged, visit the official website at http://www.playwarcraft3.com.