Announced a few weeks back, the latest Hearthstone expansion Ashes of Outland is out now! In case you missed the initial announcement, Ashes of Outland is one of the biggest expansions of Hearthstone yet. Aside from featuring 135 new cards (including the new Primes and Imprisoned Demon cards), this expansion is also the first to introduce an all-new class, the Demon Hunter.
The Demon Hunter class is available now and is free to all players, provided they complete the four-part Demon Hunter prologue single-player campaign. Alongside the new Demon Hunter class, players who complete the prologue will also receive 10 Demon Hunter Basic cards, a 20-card Demon Hunter Initiate set, and a pre-built Demon Hunter deck list.
Ashes of Outland also heralds the start of the Year of the Phoenix in Hearthstone. The year will bring lots of changes to Hearthstone, including:
- Ranked Mode Overhaul—The new year kicks off with an improved ranked play experience, including reworked matchmaking and a fun progression system loaded with meaningful rewards.
- New and Returning Player Experience—New players who ascend through the beginner ranks—as well as those returning to Hearthstone after an absence—will receive a free competitive deck of the class of their choice.*
- Improved Card Pack Experience—The popular “no duplicate Legendaries” rule now applies across all card rarities. Players will no longer receive more than two copies of any Common, Rare, or Epic until they’ve acquired two copies of all cards of that rarity in a set.
- Free Solo Adventure—Later in the expansion cycle, all players will get a free Solo Adventure set in the shattered world of Outland. Join the iconic Illidan Stormrage and his cadre of elite Demon Hunters as they battle the dreaded Rusted Legion!
- Priest Class Overhaul—Big changes have come to the Priest class to better accentuate its class identity. Six of the class’s cards have moved into the Hall of Fame, with all-new ones introduced in their place.
- Battlegrounds Updates—Hearthstone: Battlegrounds continues to evolve in the Year of the Phoenix, starting with Illidan’s recent arrival to the roster of playable heroes.
Ashes of Outland is available today in Hearthstone for Windows and Mac PCs; Windows, iOS, and Android tablets, and mobile phones.