A few days ago, Riot Games launched Spirit Blossom, a limited-time event that’s also the developer’s first cross-title experience. This means Spirit Blossom is an event that’s live on League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra, and Teamfight Tactics.
The month-long event is inspired by anime and features a distinct aesthetic that can be seen in the various in-game items that are available as part of the event. Skins aren’t the only additions in this even though, as it features a lot of new additions for the three titles that are part of Spring Blossom.
League of Legends
In LoL, Spirit Blossom brings a temporarily returning game mode (Nexus Blitz), along with a brand new narrative experience called Spirit Bonds. This narrative experience will let players “forge deeper relationships with the champions from the Spirit Blossom skinline.”
League champions who’ll be receiving Spirit Blossom skins include:
Legends of Runeterra
LoR players on both PC and mobile will get access to limited-time access during the Spirit Blossom event; these items can be unlocked just by playing the game. There will also be an Event Pass for additional rewards.
New features in Spirit Blossom include:
- New Lab: Bestow
- Choose one of six preconstructed Spirit Blossom decks
- Players start the game at 30 Health
- When a unit dies, its stats are conferred to a random unit in hand
- Epic Quests & Rewards
- Event path: play to progress
- Earn petals with daily wins, event quests, and Epic Quests
- Unlock exclusive Spirit Blossom rewards
- Event Pass
- Upgraded event path with premium cosmetic items
- Immediately unlock the new Kitt Guardian
Finally, Spirit Blossom will add new variants for Featherknight, Hushtail, and Melisma in Teamfight Tactics. These variants will have an all-new pricing model that allows players o directly purchase one-star versions of them.