Overwatch fans are in for a treat as the Summer Games 2020 event is now live in-game! As always, this new event brings back the Lucioball limited-time game mode, as well as another new game mode and more skins.
The highlight of Overwatch Summer Games 2020 is Lucioball Remix, a faster and more chaotic version of Lucioball with two balls in play instead of just one. Bonus balls are also periodically spawned which are worth 3 points, and players won’t be reset whenever a goal is scored. To account for these additions, Lucioball Remix has a Mercy rule where the game ends early if one team has a 10-point lead. The Busan and Sydney maps have also gotten updates for this game mode.
Meanwhile, the standard Lucioball mode received the following changes:
- You can now crouch while midair to lunge down to the ground.
- Lucio’s cooldowns are much shorter.
- Lucio’s boop and punch range are increased.
- Lucio moves a little faster.
- Jump pads launch players a little higher.
- Added gamepad rumble to goal-scoring moments.
- Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 5-point lead.
As for items, Summer Games 2020 brings 5 new Legendary Skins: Tropical Baptiste, Lifeguard Pharah, Feskarn Brigitte, Karate Doomfist, and Surf’s Up Echo. The event also features 3 new Epic Skins, 2 highlight intros, 1 emote, 3 poses, 7 player icons, and two sprays.
Finally, Summer Games will have weekly challenges for even more items. The weekly challenge rewards include:
- Week 1:
- Win 3 Games | Baseballmari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games | Union Jack Spray
- Win 9 Games | Union Jack Tracer Epic Skin
- Week 2:
- Win 3 Games | Golfmari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games | Sand Castle Spray
- Win 9 Games | Sand Castle Bastion Epic Skin
- Week 3:
- Win 3 Games | Surfimari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games | Ice Cream Spray
- Win 9 Games | Ice Cream Orisa Epic Skin
Overwatch Summer Games 2020 is live from August 5-26, 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch.