After its reveal back in June, gamers from all over the world have been anticipating the official prices of the PlayStation 5 and the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition. Finally, Sony has announced pricing info for both PS5 variants at the recent PlayStation 5 Showcase!
Here are the official prices for the two PS5 version:
PlayStation 5 – USD 499 (around PHP 24,160)
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – USD 399 (around PHP 19,315)
The PlayStation 5 will release on November 12, 2020 in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea. Meanwhile, the rest of the world will get the PS5 on November 19, 2020.
As a refresher, here is the specs sheet of the PS5:
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed)
- Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
- External Storage: USB HDD Support
- Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive (only for standard PS5)
Currently, Sony has yet to announce the official price of the PlayStation 5 in the Philippines.