With the game’s release being a month away, gamers can try out Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War early as the game’s Beta is now live. The beta will let players experience 6v6 modes, 12v12 Combine Arms, and the new 40-player mode–Fireteam: Dirty Bomb. The modes will feature a selection of multiplayer maps from the full game.
Players who have pre-ordered Black Ops Cold War for the PS4 can now play the beta, while everyone else on PlayStation will be able to play starting October 10.
Here is the full schedule for the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Beta:
Weekend One (October 8 – October 12): PlayStation 4 Exclusive
- Early Access – October 8-9: available to players who pre-ordered Black Ops Cold War digitally on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
- Open Beta – October 10-12: is free to play for all PlayStation 4 owners
Weekend Two (October 15 – October 19): All Platforms (Crossplay)
- PlayStation 4: Weekend 2 is a free Open Beta for all PlayStation 4 owners.
- Xbox and PC Early Access – October 15-16: Players who pre-ordered the game digitally on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC via Battle.net can begin playing the Beta. An Xbox Live account and Battle.net account is required for Xbox and PC players respectively
- Xbox and PC Open Beta – October 17-19: Accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of pre-order status.
As a special bonus, players who participate in the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta will be able to unlock Adler for Call of Duty: Mobile.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will release on November 13, 2020 on the PlayStation
4, Xbox One, and PC. The game will also release for the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
For more info on the Open Beta, visit the official Call of Duty website.