While Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s release is still a few weeks away, Ubisoft has already revealed the roadmap for Valhalla’s post-launch content. Specifically, Ubisoft went into detail on the expansions that will be part of the game’s Season Pass, as well as free seasonal content.
First up, we have the exclusive quest, as well as the two expansions that will be available to players with the game’s Season Pass. The upcoming content include:
- The Legend of Beowulf quest: In this exclusive quest, players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf, available on the launch day of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Expansion 1 – Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021): In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
- Expansion 2 – The Siege of Paris (Summer 2021): In The Siege of Paris, players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass is included in the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gold, Ultimate, and Collector Editions. The Pass is also available for purchase separately for EUR 39.99.
Players who don’t have the game’s Season Pass will still be able to enjoy a wealth of free seasonal content. The game’s first free season launches in December 2020, and will include:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season 2 will launch in March 2021 and will include a new game mode, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear and cosmetic items, and more. Season 3 and 4 info will be revealed at a later date.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will release on November 10, 2020 on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4, and PC via the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will also release on PlayStation 5 on November 12 or November 19, depending on the region.