Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the long-awaited next installment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, and it’s finally available on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. The game is also releasing on the PS5 on November 12 or 19, depending on the region.
For players who have bought the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gold, Ultimate, and Collector’s Editions, or have purchased the Season Pass separately, they will get an exclusive quest along with expansion in the future.
Here are the contents of the Season Pass:
- The Legend of Beowulf quest – In this exclusive quest, players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf, available on launch day.
- Expansion 1 – Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021) – In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the secrets of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
- Expansion 2 – The Siege of Paris (Summer 2021) – In The Siege of Paris, players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking history with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
Ubisoft also announced seasonal content for Valhalla, the first of which is coming this December. The seasonal content will be free for all players, and the first season will include:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- The Yule Festival, a traditional Viking festival for players to experience in their settlement.
- River Raids, a new game mode building on the game’s core raiding mechanic to deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking where players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature, which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Season 1 will also come with new player skills, abilities, weapons and gear, along with new cosmetic items for their settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Prior to the game’s release, reviews from various publications all over the world have been released, and they are quite good. In fact, the game currently sits at an 82 on Metacritic, meaning reviews are mostly positive.
In our review, we said that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is sure to satisfy long-time fans of the series, as well as gamers who may have stopped playing AC games in recent years. Check out our full review of Valhalla HERE.