NBA 2K21 for next-gen consoles is releasing soon, and it won’t just bring better performance and improved graphics; it’ll also feature NBA 2K’s biggest Neighborhood to date!
In the latest Courtside Report, 2K revealed The City, the new Neighborhood that players will get to explore in the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S version of NBA 2K21. Compared to previous Neighborhoods, The City is many times larger, and it features a design that “resembles a modern metropolis” and is complete with four distinct boroughs.
Check out our first look at The City here:
Meanwhile, here are some of the highlight features that players will see in The City:
- Rookieville – Here is where players will begin when they first set foot in The City.
- Boroughs – The City features four boroughs: North, South, East, and West. Each borough has its own vibe and collection of basketball courts, as well as Affiliations.
- Event Center – New and returning Events in the game will be held inside the Event Center, and special intra-Affiliation competitions will also take place here.
- Garage Hoops – Dotted around The City are basketball hoops attached to the side of some buildings. By shooting some hoops there, other players can join in, and you can seamlessly launch into 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, HORSE, and more.
- People of The City – Aside from MyPLAYERs, there are also quest/objective giving NPCs all over The City.
- Special Courts – There are a couple of full-sized (one 4v4, the other 5v5) courts available in The City that are non-affiliated and feature special designs. One such court was made to commemorate and celebrate the late Kobe Bryant.
- Pink Diamond Plaza – This venue hosts the entirety of the MyTEAM Triple Threat Online experience.
- Apparel Stores – The City features some of today’s most popular sportswear brands, including Nike, Jordan Brand, adidas, Under Armour, Puma, and more.
Those aren’t the only things that you should expect in The City though, as there’s a lot more to see! Check out the official NBA 2K website to learn more about it.
NBA 2K21 will be released on November 10 for the Xbox Series X|S globally, and on November 12 for PlayStation 5 in select countries.