PVP Esports has unveiled the festival programme for virtual gaming & esports festival and awards show SuperGamerFest (SGF) which is happening on December 5-6 and December 11-13. Hosted by avid gamers based in Singapore – local musician and DOTA fanatic Sezairi and host and streamer Victoria Cheng – the 5-day festival is set to entertain audiences across Southeast Asia with its exciting slew of celebrity showdowns, esports fun, exclusive interviews and the inaugural SuperGamerFest Awards.
Beyond the live Festival programme, fans can also look forward to bite-sized content available on demand on the SGF microsite curated specially for gamers and esports enthusiasts, featuring interviews with industry professionals, educational content, wellness talks and behind-the-scenes footage of the best esports teams from around the world.
Here are Key highlights of the SGF 2020:
- Exhilarating esports action as part of the Regional Grand Finals of the PVP Esports Community Championships 2020: Season 2. Country champions across eight countries for the Open and Campus categories will battle it out for the crown for game titles Mobile Legends: Bang Bang and Valorant, but only one Regional Champion will emerge.
- From 9.30am SGT on Sat & Sun 5-6 December (Mobile Legends) and Sat & Sun 12-13 December (Valorant)
- Exclusive interviews with back-to-back The International (TI) champions OG and CEO of Team Secret, John Yao; Twitch Co-Founder Kevin Lin speaking for the first time since his departure from Twitch and F1 driver for Red Bull Racing Alex Albon, who will share the impact gaming has had on his life. SGF host Sezairi will catch up with players from OG over a candid chat as they share their triumphs and struggles as professional esports players competing at the highest level for Dota 2. John Yao, CEO of one of the world’s largest esports organisations Team Secret, will also be interviewed as he provides an insider’s look into this exciting esports industry – not just as a professional player but also advice for those who are keen to enter the industry as professionals.
- An Intimate Chat with OG: 5.15pm SGT, Fri 11 December
- An Insider’s Look at the Esports Industry with John Yao: 9pm SGT, Fri 11 December
- Kevin Lin: Life beyond Twitch: 8.20pm SGT, Sat 12 December
- Alex Albon: Game on, Race on: 8.50pm SGT, Sat 12 December
- Star-studded celebrity showdowns, featuring regional top-tier streamers and gaming influencers with a combined social following of 39 million across SEA. Fans will want to stay tuned for rounds of hilarity and good-natured fun as the gaming heroes and celebrities from the region take on popular games Among Us and Human: Fall Flat. Refer to Annex A for the full list of participating streamers and gamers.
- Human: Fall Flat: From 5.30pm SGT, Fri 11 December
- Among Us: From 7:30pm SGT, Fri 11 December
- The SuperGamerFest Awards is Southeast Asia’s first regional gaming content and esports awards created to celebrate the achievements and passions of creators and esports professionals. After a month of fan nominations and a rigorous judging process that included quantitative analysis of all nominees, the shortlisted nominees across the region have been selected and will be revealed on PVP Esports’ Facebook page from Friday, 27 November 2020.
- As part of the SGF Awards show on Saturday 12 December, the evening will feature special guest performers SGAG – Singapore’s homegrown comedy platform, Australian YouTuber Wendy ‘Wengie’ Huang and additional special appearances from some surprising guests from the world of sports and entertainment.
- From 7pm, Sat 12 December
- A rich repository of content on-demand for fans will also be exclusively available on the SuperGamerFest 2020 microsite. This includes interviews with industry stalwarts: former VP of the Houston Rockets’ esports team Clutch Gaming Sebastian Park – also known as the first dedicated esports front-office executive in North America and in the NBA; EVOS founder Hartman Harris sharing his thoughts on the future of esports in SEA and Dota 2 coach from SK Telecom’s T1 – Park “March” Tae-won. Additionally, the content library will feature bonus team videos from renowned regional and global esports organisations like FaZe Clan and additional educational content meant to improve player knowledge and tips on navigating the gaming entertainment industry.
- Available on demand at pvpesports.gg/supergamer2020 from 5 – 13 December
Throughout the Festival, fans can also look forward to being the first to hear exclusive industry announcements, plus a variety of pre-event and on-stream contests where they will stand a chance to win limited-edition prizes such as the Huawei Nova 7SE, Freebuds Pro and Watch FIT, GSP 601 and GSP 602 Professional Gaming Headsets by EPOS Audio and gaming peripherals from gaming hardware firm XTRFY.
With a festival line-up jam-packed with these exciting programmes and a myriad of fan engagement opportunities, gamers across the region are no doubt in for a treat with the SuperGamerFest 2020.
Powered by Singtel and Globe, Singtel’s joint venture in the Philippines, SGF is supported by partners AIS, Dunia Games, MaxStream, EPOS Audio, Xtrfy, Huawei, Royal Ergonomics, Redbull, preferred streaming partner Twitch and production/venue partner Ebenex Live. SGF is produced by event and festival production firm Branded and gaming and esports experts Yup.gg and is part of the Infocomm Media Development Authority’s (IMDA) annual Singapore Media Festival.
Admission to SGF is free. For more information on the Festival and to watch the SuperGamerFest 2020, please visit pvpesports.gg/supergamer2020.