Riot Games has kicked off 2021 with a bang as it recently released Patch 2.0 of League of Legends: Wild Rift. This new patch is a massive one as it brings five new champions to the game, as well as a host of new features.
The highlight of this major Wild Rift patch is no doubt the addition of five champions. Specifically, the five new champions are all Yordles, and they are:
- CORKI, THE DARING BOMBARDIER
- Don’t be fooled by appearances because Corki is much more than just a magnificent mustache. Enamored with all things aircraft, the Daring Bombardier often ventures beyond Bandle City in pursuit of aerospace innovation found only in the inventive city of Piltover. He keeps a watchful eye on the sky for enemy bogies as the head of the Screaming Yipsnakes.
- KENNEN, THE HEART OF THE TEMPEST
- In the space between a lightning flash and a thunderboom, one yordle stands as the most senior member of the Kinkou Order. Dedicated to preserving the sacred balance that surges through Ionia, Kennen uses his centuries of knowledge to protect the world he’s come to love. But as the Heart of the Tempest, he also possesses the devastating power of the storm—and he’s not afraid to use it.
- TRISTANA, THE YORDLE GUNNER
- The inhabitants of Bandle City are curious by nature, but few are lured by the promise of adventure in Runeterra quite like Tristana. Inspired by tales of epic battles and brave fighters, Tristana knew she was destined for a life of explosive action (often literally). With plenty of firepower in tow thanks to her trusty cannon Boomer, the Yordle Gunner seeks to become the stuff of legends.
- LULU, THE FAE SORCERESS
- Reality is what you make of it—or at least what Lulu makes of it! The Fae Sorceress shapes the world to her whim as she travels Runeterra with her fairy friend, Pix. Through her magic, Lulu enchants and fantastifies everything around her, sometimes with disastrous, if well-meaning, consequences.
- TEEMO, THE SWIFT SCOUT
- Never underestimate the power of the Scout’s code! Any who make that mistake (and many who don’t) must contend with Teemo, one of Bandle City’s most formidable protectors. Though small in stature, the Swift Scout does not shrink in the face of big danger. Instead, he travels the world with boundless optimism and courage, seeking to earn every merit badge (and causing a little bit of mayhem on the way).
Aside from the new champions, Wild Rift Patch 2.0 also brings seventeen new skins, and a range of new features such as a Party Finder, improved Latency Indicators, and more.
Then there are also several in-game system improvements, including:
- PING REPLIES
- Now you can let your teammates know you heard them with ping replies.
- DRAGON/BARON RESPAWN TIMERS
- Spawn timers for epic monsters (Dragon and Baron Nashor) now display on the scoreboard. We’ve also made some minimap UI improvements.
- SCOREBOARD LOGIC
- Enemy information on the scoreboard now updates only after players gain vision of enemies instead of in constant real-time.
- NEW EMOTES WHEEL
- You can now open the emotes wheel by holding down on your champ instead of clicking into the communications panel.
- SYSTEM MESSAGE UI
- System messages no longer block players’ view of their own champion (i.e. failed surrender vote messages won’t obstruct vision during gameplay).
- DETAILED STATS
- In the stats tab of the scoreboard, players can now see a more detailed breakdown of key stats, including exactly how much damage reduction (in percentage) their armor and magic resistance items provide, as well as the conversion from ability haste to cooldown reduction.
- TOWER PRIORITIZATION
- Towers now prioritize targeting super minions over siege minions.
For the full list of additions, check out the full patch notes here: https://wildrift.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/wild-rift-patch-notes-2-0.