Ubisoft has announced that an online mode is coming to Watch Dogs: Legion on March 10, 2021 for PS5, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC. The online mode will release as part of an update that will free to all players.
The new online mode for the game will include the following features:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first four-player co-op Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency. It’s made of five interconnected narrative missions which are endgame content, made for players who are seeking a challenge. Players will need to strategize and communicate effectively with their teammates and ensure they have upgraded gadgets and recruited a strong cast of characters.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
While the online mode for the game will be free, players with the Season Pass will get access to the following single-player missions:
- DedSec tracks an algorithm that could allow AI to override human decisions. If they don’t find it, it could be used to turn weaponized drones into autonomous executioners.
Not in Our Name
- A secret group is stealing DedSec’s name. Worse, they’re also stealing information so their employer, a ruthless tabloid owner, can use it to blackmail their victims.
Finally, Ubisoft confirmed that all players will have access to future free updates such as Invasion PvP mode, all-new co-op missions and free characters. For Season Pass holder meanwhile, more content is also releasing this year such as DedSec missions, the Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline story expansion, and more.
For more info on the game, visit watchdogs.com.