It’s fair to say that the Epic Games Store is not the top-of-mine digital games retailer for gamers in the Philippines. Sure, the store does have exclusive games, as well as competitive regional pricing, but it is a bit of a hassle for Filipino users given that prices are shown in US Dollars–until now that is!
As spotted by Too Much Gaming, the Epic Games Store now displays prices in PHP in the Philippines. Thanks to this, Pinoy gamers looking to get new games on Epic will no longer have to convert prices before buying, making for a more convenient digital game shopping experience.
Alongside Philippine Peso, Epic revealed that they have added more currency support, including the following currencies:
- Costa Rica CRC (Costa Rican Colon)
- Uruguay UYU (Uruguayan Peso)
- Hong Kong HKD (Hong Kong Dollar)
- Indonesia IDR (Indonesian Rupiah)
- Malaysia MYR (Malaysian Ringgit)
- Singapore SGD (Singapore Dollar)
- Thailand THB (Thai Baht)
- Vietnam VND (Vietnamese Dong)
- Kazakhstan KZT (Kazakhstani Tenge）
- Qatar QAR (Qatari Riyal)
- Bulgaria BGN (Bulgarian Lev)
- Taiwan TWD
With this update, gamers in more countries will find it less of hassle to purchase games on Epic. Though will this bring in more users to Epic’s platform. Only time will tell.
Source: Too Much Gaming