At the Resident Evil Showcase, Capcom announced that a new Resident Evil Village demo will release on all platforms, though PS4 and PS5 players will get early access. The new demo will feature a special structure, and it will let players explore two locations in the game. The demo will only need to downloaded once though, with each part only being available during specific dates and times.
The first demo period is happening from April 18-19 (in Asia), and it will be a 30-minute demo set in the game’s titular village. Next is another 30-minute demo available from April 25-26 that’s set in the game’s castle. The first two demos will be exclusive to PS4 and PS5 owners.
Finally, the last demo will be available from May 2-3, and it is a 60-minute demo set in both the village and castle. This final demo will be available on all platforms
Here is the full schedule for each demo period:
- North America: April 17 @ 5pm to April 18 @ 1am (Pacific Time)
- Europe: April 18 @ 7pm to April 19 @ 3am CEST
- Asia: April 18 @ 5pm – April 19 @ 1am PHT
- North America: April 24 @ 5pm to April 25 @ 1am (Pacific Time)
- Europe: April 25 @ 7pm to April 26 @ 3am CEST
- Asia: April 25 @ 5pm to April 26 @ 1am PHT
Village & Castle:
- North America: May 1 @ 5pm to May 2 @ 5pm (Pacific Time)
- Europe: May 2 @ 2am to May 3 @ 2am CEST
- Asia: May 2 @ 8am to May 3 @ 8am PHT
Alongside the new demo info, Capcom showed off a new trailer for the game, which you can watch here:
Finally, Capcom announced that The Mercenaries game mode is coming to Resident Evil Village. For RE Village, Mercenaries tasks players with racking up points and finishing stages quickly. Though there will be new additions such as bonus skills.
Resident Evil Village will release on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC on May 7, 2021.