Ubisoft has recently announced that it is expanding the Assassin’s Creed universe with Assassin’s Creed Stories, a content library consisting of novels, graphic novels, manhuas, webtoons, and even podcasts. These content will take place or will be centered around the different eras and locations in the long-running Assassin’s Creed series.
To better classify the wide range of existing and upcoming Assassin’s Creed content, Ubisoft is creating three labels that will help fans to choose their next read:
- Classics: direct adaptations based on stories from the video games.
- Chronicles: new adventures featuring favorite iconic Assassins.
- Originals: new narratives featuring new protagonists and time periods.
Here’s a selection of the new releases slated for this year:
- ASSASSIN’S CREED BLADE OF SHAO JUN (MANGA) (ORIGINALS): A tale set in 1526AD, where faced with turmoil and the decimation of her comrades, Shao Jun has become China’s last Assassin. After escaping to Europe, she has now returned alone to her homeland. Her purpose–vengeance.
- Assassin’s Creed Blade of Shao Jun can be found in bookstores across Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Thailand and Philippines. For more info, visit Shokagukan Asia. https://shogakukan.asia/distribution-network/
- ASSASSIN’S CREED DYNASTY (MANHUA) (ORIGINALS): The story will follow the adventures of Li E, an Assassin trying to save the Tang Dynasty from a civil war.
- Assassin’s Creed VALHALLA: BLOOD BROTHERS(MANHUA) (CHRONICLES): Discover the epic tale of two brave Viking brothers in this manhua set in the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, not long before the exploits of Eivor the Wolf-Kissed.
- Assassin’s Creed VALHALLA FRENCH GRAPHIC NOVEL (CHRONICLES): Readers will discover the tale of an aspiring Assassin and a Christian monk, as they set out on a quest that will take them from Ravensthorpe to the mystery-filled heights of Scotland.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED FRAGMENTS YOUNG ADULT TRILOGY (ORIGINALS): This action-adventure historical fiction saga will feature teens caught up in the centuries-old Assassin-Templar feud and explore the nature of the relationship between the siblings. Each book in the series will take readers to a different time period and location, with new protagonists. The first volume is set in 19th Century Japan, the second in 13th Century Scotland and the third in 17th Century France.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED THE JADE SEAL COLLECTION (ORIGINALS): From the Zhou Dynasty (4th Century BC) to the Ming Dynasty (17th Century), this collection expands the franchise through a range of ten novels exploring Chinese history at large. Emperors, courtiers, legendary martial artists, poets, philosophers, and many other important figures from Chinese history will play their part in this multi-secular fight. New Assassins, but also new arch-enemies will join the ranks of our franchise from these epic novels written by six well-known Chinese writers and soon to be available in China.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED THE MING STORM (CHRONICLES): This novel is the start of an action-packed trilogy set in 16th century China featuring Shao Jun, a young Assassin and already a fan favorite from the franchise as the main protagonist of the Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China video game.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED TURBULENCE IN THE MING DYNASTY PODCAST (CHRONICLES): Developed and broadcasted by China’s leading podcast platform Ximalaya, this is an audio adaptation of the Ming Dynasty novel.
- WEBTOON (ORIGINALS): This Korean webtoon will serve as a sequel to Assassin’s Creed Black Flag and expand Edward Kenway’s storyline.
For more info on the new Assassin’s Creed stories, visit: assassinscreed.com/stories