Ubisoft has just announced Update 1 (Title Update 4.0) for Watch Dogs: Legion, and it is now available in the game on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC. The new update features a host of new content, with the highlights being a new playable hero and a new mission:
- New playable hero character, Mina Sidhu: Once a test subject, Mina Sidhu now wields the power of mind control and can take full control of an enemy with her Mind Control Device, the OMNI Optik. She is also equipped with a Mental Blast that can disrupt nearby enemies.
- New DedSec Stories mission, Swipe Right: In this new single-player mission, DedSec discovers that someone in London is conspiring with an Egyptian minister to sell off the country’s antiquities, with the money going to fund violent insurgents.
Aside from these highlights, Watch Dogs: Legion Update 1 also brings a wide range of other content for both the single player campaign and online mode. The new content are (via Ubisoft):
Single-player campaign & Online Mode
- 2 new Operatives: the DJ & the First Responder
- Operative Customization: players can customize their Operatives’ hair and body art
- 5 new Operative abilities
- Pickpocket: Operatives can earn currency on each takedown
- Second Wind: Operatives quickly regain health when defeating enemies
- Wanted: Albion or Clan Kelley enemies will attack upon detection anywhere in London
- Hoarder: Operatives can loot and carry more ammo
- Stuntman: Operatives take less damage from falls, explosions and collisions with vehicles
- 3 Co-op Missions:
- In “Dysfunction,” a pair of mysterious Clan Kelley hackers, known only as the Cousins, have laid London’s court systems low in a DDoS attack, demanding as ransom the dismissal of all cases against Kelley family members.
- In “Meltdown,” Clan Kelley has killed four Tidis employees at Southwark Incinerator. Bagley believes Clan Kelley has bought an experimental plasma weapon, which has a half-life so short it’s only detectable in a body for a short time after death.
- In “Repossession,” Albion has a cache of data drives belonging to the original DedSec, and they plan to use the drives to pinpoint the location of active DedSec Operatives.
- 5 new solo Assignments
- 2 Co-op Gadgets:
- Guardian Drone: A Tidis Guardian Drone that escorts and supports nearby Operatives
- Point Defense Drones: A throwable device that deploys a cloud of drones to block incoming fire
Finally, Ubisoft has revealed that free content will be released for all players. The free post-launch content will include two new PvP modes, a new Tactical Op, and more. These free content will release at the end of May.
Season Pass owners meanwhile, will get Bloodline–a new storyline featuring Aiden Pearce and Wrench from the first two Watch Dog games. Bloodline will release in late June 2021.
For more info on Watch Dogs: Legion, visit watchdogs.com.