Following the game’s announcement back in February, Square Enix has now released the Legend of Mana remaster in Asia on PC (via Steam), PS4, and Switch!
In case you’re unfamiliar with the original, Legend of Mana is the fourth installment in Square’s Mana series, and it released back in 1999 for the PlayStation. With this remaster, the game retains the same exact gameplay, but with a graphical upgrade as well as quality-of-life improvements.
The highlight features of the game include:
- High-Resolution Graphics: Background images and some sections of the UI have been redrawn for full HD support.
- Music: Certain songs have received new arrangements especially for the HD Remaster. Players can choose whether they want to listen to the original songs or the arranged versions.
- Turn Off Encounters: Encounters with enemies can be turned off for easier dungeon exploration.
- Save Features: The game includes an auto save function, as well as the ability to manually save any time from the options menu (excludes certain in-game locations)
- Ring Ring Land: The Ring Ring Land mini game is included in all language versions.
- Gallery Mode & Music Mode: View illustrations and artwork from the time of the original release and listen to the game’s soundtrack any time you like from the options menu.
The Legend of Mana is available in both a physical and a digital version. Physical copies of the game will come with a sticker set inspired from the instruction booklet of the original game, as well as download codes for 2 tracks from ‘Legend of Mana Remastered: The Soundtrack’. These download codes will only be available for early purchase physical copies.
Meanwhile, early purchase of the digital version will include:
- PlayStation Store
- Original PlayStation®4 theme
- Avatar Set
- Windows (via Steam）
- Legend of Mana Wallpaper