Officially unveiled via livestream on June 24, the realme 8 5G sold out within the first few hours of its exclusive Shopee launch in the Philippines.
This new realme phone is the brand’s latest that packs 5G connectivity. But unlike other 5G phones, the realme 8 5G is more affordable as it has a price tag of only PHP 11,990. Aside from being 5G-ready, the phone also packs a triple camera setup, a large 5,00mAh battery, and 90Hz refresh rate display/
“As we stand in the midst of the 5G revolution in the Philippines, we are committed to enabling every Filipino with the infinite possibilities of 5G”, says Austine Huang, realme Philippines’ VP for Marketing. “We are truly grateful to the realme Squad for their support for the realme 8 5G”, she adds.
Realme 8 5G Specs:
- MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G processor
- 8GB RAM
- 6.5-inch FHD+ display (w/ holepunch notch), 90Hz refresh rate
- 128GB storage (expandable via microSD)
- 48MP F/1.8 main + 2MP portrait + 2MP macro triple-rear cameras
- 16MP F/2.1 front camera
- 3G, LTE, 5G, Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, fingerprint scanner (side-mounted)
- 5000mAh battery w/ 18w fast charging
- Android 11 with realmeUI 2.0
The realme 8 5G (8+128GB) is still available at the SRP of PHP11,990 via realme’s official flagship store in Shopee. The phone is also available in realme stores and over partner dealers nationwide.
For more on the realme 8 5G, check out our review: