It’s been a while since the announcement of Blade Runner: Black Lotus, and now, we finally have more info on the upcoming Blade Runner anime series. Recently, Adult Swim and Crunchyroll recently announced the English and Japanese voice cast for Black Lotus, and it features quite the star-studded English cast.
Here is the list of English and Japanese voice actors, as well as info on the characters they voice:
- Jessica Henwick / Arisa Shida as Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose.
- Will Yun Lee / Shinshu Fuji as Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles.
- Samira Wiley / Takako Honda as Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit.
- Brian Cox / Takaya Hashi as Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation.
- Wes Bentley / Takehito Koyasu as Niander Wallace Jr, brilliant scientist working for his father.
- Josh Duhamel / Taiten Kusunoki as Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner.
- Peyton List / Yoshiko Sakakibara as Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief.
- Stephen Root / Hochu Otsuka as Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD.
- Barkhad Abdi / Takayuki Kinba as Doc Badger, a black market dealer.
- Gregg Henry / Masane Tsukayama as Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production.
- Henry Czerny / Akio Nojima as Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine.
- Jason Spisak / Kazuki Yao as Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation.
Blade Runner: Black Lotus will have 13 episodes, and it will be directed by Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama – the directors of Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 and Ultraman (the 2019 series). The series will be animated by Sola Digital Arts, also the studio behind SAC_2045 and Ultraman. Finally, the series will feature Shinichiro Watanabe – the legendary creator of Cowboy Bebop and the Blade Runner Black Out 2022 anime short – as the creative producer.
Currently, there’s no word yet on a release date, though the show is confirmed to release later this year on Crunchyroll and Adult Swim.
More info on Blade Runner: Black Lotus will be announced on July 23 at Comic-Con 2021.
Source: Crunchryoll via Polygon