Following the game’s release last February, Bandai Namco has just released Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition. This new version of the game is made for the PS5, Series X|S, and PC, and it comes with various enhancements, including improved resolution and frame rates.
Here is a quick breakdown of the enhancements in the enhanced edition:
- Beauty Mode – Little Nightmares II runs at 30fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray Tracing.
- Performance Mode – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray Tracing.
- Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to provide a reflection. Its clarity and definition depend on surfaces.
- Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disturbed by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
- Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically affected by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and eddy behind them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
- Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, creating a more involving experience when listening via 5.1 /7.1 audio systems or headphones.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition is available for owners of the game on PlayStation 4 or the Xbox One for free. Meanwhile, the Enhanced Edition on PC is available via a patch.