Ubisoft has just released Title Update 5.5 for Watch Dogs: Legion, and it features Assassin’s Creed crossover content, the new Legion of the Dead game mode, and several campaign additions.
One of the biggest highlights of the new update is the set of Assassin’s Creed-inspired content. Among them are two free story missions – “Enter the Assassins” and “The New Creed” – as well as two free world missions – “Templar Hunt” and “Artifact Hunt.” Players who have the Season Pass will be able to play as Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed. Darcy is equipped with the following abilities:
- Hidden Blade: The iconic Assassin weapon. Improves melee and perform takedowns from any angle.
- Eagle Drone: A scout drone that can self-destruct and can emit a short-range electromagnetic pulse.
- AR Disguise: Players can assume the look of an enemy to get access to restricted locations. Also applies to nearby allies in multiplayer.
Along with Assassin’s Creed missions, the update also includes other free content across the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion and its single-player campaign:
The Online mode additions are:
- Invasion PvP: This fan-favorite PvP mode gets the Play-as-Anyone treatment; Invaders will have access to tools of deception, including the ability to swap to other characters in the world to avoid detection. The Search team will use their weapons, abilities and tools from the environment to prevent the download from finishing.
- Extraction PvP: A new mode where players will obtain the prized crypto drives and race across the city to upload data while being hunted down by opposing players.
- New rewards such as the crown of wishes mask, timeless livery outfit and ornate nocturne outfit.
Meanwhile, here the new Resistance Mode for the Single-player campaign was also released:
- Resistance mode: Players can step into a challenging new way to experience Watch Dogs: Legion’s campaign, where:
- Permadeath is always on.
- Tube station fast travel is disabled.
- Most civilians start out by disliking DedSec.
- Most abilities, hacks and gadgets have significantly longer cooldowns.
- And more.
To top it all off, Watch Dogs: Legion Title Update 5.5 also brings the Legion of the Dead mode on PC and consoles. This game mode delivers a rogue-lite experience where players will have to “Survive-as-Anyone” against undead enemies in a post-apocalyptic London. The mode will be playable in solo or with up to four friends in co-op, and the goal is to reach the extraction point in each map.
Watch Dogs: Legion is available now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation5, and PC via the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store.