Aside from the new structures and missions, Death Stranding Director’s Cut introduces the Racing Track, a circuit that lets you access the racing mini game. If you ever feel tired of driving around and delivering orders, the racing track allows you to take a load off and get the fastest lap time possible.
To unlock this new track, here’s a quick step-by-step guide for both players who have already finished the main story, as well as for those who have started a new game.
If you’ve already finished the game’s storyline on PS4 and have transferred your save file, accessing the Racing Track is much easier. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Head over to the Timefall Farm and move south until you find the Racing Track Terminal.
2. Initially, the Racing Track will not be built yet. To build it, deposit the following materials
- Chiral Crystals: 650
- Metal: 2240
- Ceramic: 196
3. Time for Racing!
If you started a new game, or are playing Death Stranding for the first time, you’ll need to play the game for a couple of hours before you unlock the Racing track:
1. Reach Chapter 3 until you connect the Qpid to the “Junk Shop”.
2. Receive the Standard Order ‘Order No. 35’ at the Junk Shop. Then deliver the package to the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City.
3. After this order, you should receive an email from Thomas Sutherland regarding the Racetrack.
4. Head over to the Timefall Farm and follow the steps listed in Post-Game above.
What to do in the Racing Track
Sadly, the Racing Track does not allow players to race against other cars (either AI or player-driven). What it does feature are Single Race and Ranked Race time trials where the goal is to get the fastest lap times possible. These races feature different circuit variations, as well as three vehicle options: the Reverse Trike, the Truck, and the racing track-exclusive Roadster.
Death Stranding Director’s Cut releases on September 23, 2021 for the PS5.