After the release of the first three remasters, Square Enix has now released the Final Fantasy 4 Pixel Remaster on Steam and mobile. With this release, fans of the classic FF4 can relive the game with upgraded pixel graphics and audio.
This new version of FF4 comes with the following improvements:
- Universally updated 2D pixel graphics redrawn for modern hardware, featuring iconic FINAL FANTASY character pixel designs created by the original artist and current collaborator, Kazuko Shibuya.
- Beautifully rearranged soundtracks, overseen by the original composer, Nobuo Uematsu.
- Improved gameplay, including updated controller and touch controls, modernized UI, auto-battle options and more.
- Quality-of-life improvements including supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, music player and the ability to save at any time.
As a bonus for fans, buying the Final Fantasy 4 pixel remaster on Steam now until September 23 will will receive early purchase bonuses, including three specially rearranged music tracks, two wallpapers, and a 20% discount. The special tracks include:
- The Red Wings (Timelapse Remix)
- Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV (Timelapse Remix)
- Battle 2 (Timelapse Remix)
Final Fantasy 4 is now available on Steam, the App Store, and the Google Play Store. All six games within the pixel remaster series are also available for purchase as part of the Final Fantasy I-VI Bundle which comes with a further discount.
The release dates of the Final Fantasy 5 and 6 pixel remasters will be announced at a later date.