ONE Esports, and Moonton Games will host the Mobile Legends Professional League Invitational (MPLI) 2021 on November 2, and it will feature a total of 20 teams from Southeast Asia. These teams will compete for glory, and for a cool USD 100,000 prize pool.
The teams that will participate in the event include:
- Cambodia (1): See You Soon
- Indonesia (8): Alter Ego, Aurafire, Bigetron Alpha, EVOS Legends, Geek Fam ID, Rebellion Aerowolf, ONIC Esports, RRQ Hoshi
- Philippines (6): Blacklist International, Echo, Nexplay Evos, ONIC PH, RSG PH, SMART OMEGA
- Malaysia (3): Orange Esports, TODAK, SMG
- Singapore (2): EVOS SG, RSG SG
What makes MPLI 2021 unique is that it features a unique Captain’s Draft format where the four MPL champions from from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Singapore will be able to choose the teams that they will go up against.
For starters, the MPL champions will automatically qualify for the quarterfinals, and then drafted into four groups where they will pick their opponents by drafting teams into their brackets. The draft order will be determined with a lottery-style draw, and afer this, the Captain’s Draft will proceed in a snake format (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1) until all teams have been selected.
The Captain’s Draft is happening on October 31 at 7PM (PH Time) and will be streamed live on ONE Esports’ various channels.
Following the draft, the Mobile Legends Pro League Invitational 2021 will begin on November 2 at 1PM (PH Time), with the finals scheduled on November 7 at 1PM