Square Enix has just released Actraiser Renaissance for the PS4. In case you’re unfamiliar with the game, it is a remaster of the oriignal ActRaiser released for the SNES back in the 90s, and it is a unique game which mixes platforming and city-building gameplay.
Actraiser Renaissance actually released on other platforms last September 23, including Nintendo Switch, PC (via Steam), and mobile. Now, Actraiser Renaissance is available on PS4, and is playable on PS5 via backwards compatibility.
The game’s premise is described by Square Enix as:
“Help humanity prosper by playing as the Lord of Light and their loyal angel in a world beset by evil. Utilize your miraculous powers to summon lightning and trigger earthquakes to remove obstacles that impede the growth of your civilization. Explore the vast new realm, build, and protect your settlements with the angel’s mighty bow and arrow to ward off the evil monsters that prey on your people.”
Meanwhile, here is the list of new updates and features in the ActRaiser remaster:
- Remastered HD graphics including the characters, map, monsters and battle backgrounds and effects
- Newly designed city-building simulation segments, including a new region and developmental stages for cities
- Players can harness new magic, including the ability to cast fire, ice, and other magical elements, in 2D action stages
- Players can dodge, attack and slash with upward and downward motions, for a more dynamic action experience
- New real-time strategy “Settlement Siege” feature
- Remastered original soundtrack with 15 new music tracks
- Ability to toggle between the original soundtrack and newly remastered soundtrack from the original composer, Yuzo Koshiro
As a bonus and to celebrate the game’s 30th anniversary, players who purchase the game before November 1, 2021 through the Nintendo eShop and Steam will receive an early purchase bonus which includes a wallpaper and a mini soundtrack consisting of five in-game songs. PS4 players who buy the game until November 1 can also get the mini soundtrack and an original PS4 theme with background music.