Bandai Namco has recently acknowledged the Elden Ring performance issues on PC via a blog post. In the post, Bandai Namco confirmed that they are currently working on a patch to fix them.
Aside from the PC performance issues, Bandai Namco has also stated that other fixes will be released, including:
- Regarding the problem of the mouse being too sensitive in the PC version
- We will be sending out a patch for this issue in the near future.
- Regarding the problem of Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch when the Steam account name includes a multi-byte character (e.g., kanji).
- We are aware of the cause of this issue and will be providing a patch in the near future.
- Regarding the phenomenon of frame rate and other performance-related issues during gameplay
- We will be constantly working to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably on various PC environments and platforms.
- For the PC version, updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version may significantly improve performance.
In the post, Bandai also mentioned that they are working on save data issues on the PS5 version of Elden Ring:
- About the phenomenon of game data that does not save correctly in the PlayStation 5 version
- If the PS5 console is unexpectedly turned off while playing a game or in rest mode, saved data may not be saved correctly.
- We are aware of the cause of this issue and are working on a patch to correct it, but until the patch is released, please save your game manually by exiting the game regularly.
- Game data will be saved correctly if you quit the game by opening the system menu using the OPTION button and selecting “Quit Game,” then press the HOME button to return to the PS5 home screen and quit the game application once.
Elden Ring has garnered critical acclaim, with the game getting lots of perfect scores. In our review, we called it “the Souls formula at its best.” And while we consider it as a 10/10 experience based on gameplay, we did note that the PS5 version struggled to output a stable 60FPS on the performance mode. Though on the PS5, the game is still very much playable.
As for the PC version of Elden Ring, it seems that more people are experiencing performance issues, with the game even getting a Mixed rating on Steam due to noticeable framerate drops.
Here’s hoping that the game gets patched soon so that players on PC can get a better experience.