After reaching 79 million sales back in December 2020, Nintendo has revealed that the Switch has now sold over 100 million units. Specifically, the Switch has sold 103.54 million units as of December 31, 2021.
With this new sales record, the Switch is now Nintendo’s bestselling home console ever, surpassing the Wii which sold 101.63 million units worldwide. Though it is still far from Nintendo’s bestselling console ever as the DS has that record at 154 million units sold.
Along with the console sales figures, Nintendo has also updated its top selling Switch games. Here are the top 10 bestselling Switch titles as of December 31, 2021:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 43.35M
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 37.62M
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 27.40M
- Breath of the Wild – 25.80M
- Pokemon Sword/Shield – 23.90M
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.02M
- Super Mario Party – 17.39M
- Pokemon Let’s GO – 14.33M
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Pokémon Shining Pearl – 13.97M
- Ring Fit Adventure – 13.53M
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continues to be the top-selling game, though Animal Crossing: New Horizons is not far behind.
The success of the Switch is impressive, especially considering the disappointing adoption of the WiiU. For reference, the WiiU has sold 13.56 million units in its lifetime — that’s less than the sales of the PS5 in just a bit over a year.