Bandai Namco and FromSoftware have just released Elden Ring Patch 1.04, and it finally fixes the Patches questline, and it features a host of balance changes as well as bug fixesd.
Firstly, here are the major additions of the latest Elden Ring patch:
Additional Elements Added
- Added an option to turn camera auto rotate function ON/OFF
- Added some event phases for the NPC “Patches”
- Increased Colossal Swords/Colossal weapons attack speed and lowered their recovery time. Jump attack not included.
- Increased the two-handed attack damage of Colossal Swords/Colossal Weapons. Jump attack not included.
- Increased physical block rate and guard boost of the Colossal Sword, Colossal Weapons, Great Sword, Great Hammer, Great Axe, Great Spear, and Halberd weapon classes.
- Increased the damage of Grafted Blade Greatsword.
- Increased the damage of Devourer’s Scepter.
- Decreased the scaling of status effect build-up from spells and incantations of Albinauric Staff and Dragon Communion Seal.
- Decreased the effect of Greatshield Talisman for weapons with high block rate.
- Shortened the length of the madness afflicted animation.
- Lowered the speed of decrease of the accumulation of the madness buildup.
- Slightly increased FP and Stamina growth rate at lower levels*
- Other enemy and weapon balance changes
*Players will need to perform any of the following actions for the changes to be reflected. This is required only once. New characters created after this update will not require this action.
- Level up
- Activate Godrick’s Great Rune
- Re-equipping any equipment (armor, talisman) which grants bonus stat to either Strength, Dexterity, Vigor, Endurance, Intelligence, Faith or Arcane
Based on the general balance adjustments, it seems that strength builds will be a bit stronger in this latest patch. This should be welcome changes as Int/Dex or Dex bleed builds have been pretty much the go-to builds for lots of players.
Aside from these updates, the latest patch also tweaks a host of sorceries, incantations, and weapon skills. There are also lots of bug fixes, including a fix for the Carian retaliation exploit.
For the full list of changes in Elden Ring Patch 1.04, visit the Bandai Namco website.