Blizzard has just announced World of Warcraft: Dragonflight, the ninth WoW expansion which will be set in the Dragon Isles.
As the new expansion lets players explore the Dragon Isles, the new expansion will introduce a wealth of Dragon-related additions, including Dragonriding, as well as a dracthyr Evokers, the first-ever race and class combination for WoW. Along with these, the expansion will also feature an enhanced UI, a Talent System Revamp, and more.
Here’s a quick rundown of all the highlight features in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight:
- The Dragon Isles: The expansion introduces the Dragon Isles which features four zones—the Waking Shores, the Ohn’ahran Plains, the Azure Span, and Thaldraszus.
- Increased level cap: Following the level squish for Shadowlands, Dragonflight will increase the level cap to 70.
- The dracthyr Evoker: The dracthyr is a draconic race which can only be played as the new Evoker class. this race/class combo features both humanoid and draconic forms, and can pick between the Alliance and the Horde. This combo can also be built as a ranged healer or a ranged damage-dealer.
- Dragonriding: This new skill-based method of aerial movement lets players take to the skies atop their personal Dragon Isles Drake. Players will also have the option of customizing their drake, including changing their appearance and enabling them to fly faster and farther.
- Talent System Revamp: The new talent system promises to give players more meaningful options at every level.
- Improved Professions: Payers will find a host of new features and tools in this expansion, including player-driven work orders, new profession equipment, and an all-new specialization system.
- Updated UI: Dragonflight will introduce an enhanced UI with improvements made to the look and feel of the minimap and other levels. Though players can still customize the different UI elements to their preference.
“Players have been eager to revisit World of Warcraft’s high-fantasy roots, and they’re going to find just that in Dragonflight, with a deeper exploration of Warcraft’s iconic dragons and a thrilling adventure into their legendary homeland,” said Mike Ybarra, President of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re also completely overhauling many of the game’s underlying systems to ensure that WoW continues to offer the type of experience that players expect not just with this expansion but for many years to come.”
Right now, there’s no word yet on when Dragonflight will release. More details, including public-testing and release plans, will be announced soon.