Blizzard is dropping one of the most unforgettable sagas the lore’s history with the release of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic, a fine-tuned re-release of the smash-hit 2008 expansion.
Consider it both a nostalgia trip and brand new experience for players who are engaged in the ongoing story of Warcraft.
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic will offer a host of chilling, paradigm-shifting features.
- REDISCOVER THE GRIM FROZEN NORTH – Players will begin their journey in one of two zones in Northrend: Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord.
- THE RISE OF DEATH KNIGHTS – Death Knights will be available without any prerequisites or restrictions during a content update prior to the update launch. However, creating subsequent Death Knight characters on a given server will require an existing character of level 55 or higher.
- NEW PROFESSION—INSCRIPTION – This new profession allows players to scribe mystical gylphs that alter the appearance and modify the properties of spells and abilities, as well as craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
- ACHIEVEMENTS – Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players a whole new set of rewards for their exploits and accomplishments.
- DUNGEONS & RAIDS – Relive 5-player dungeons like Violet Hold and the Culling of Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas in a 10-player raid, an update of its original iteration as a 40-player raid in pre-expansion World of Warcraft.
- INCLUDED WITH EXISTING WORLD OF WARCRAFT SUBSCRIPTIONS – Anyone who subscribes to World of Warcraft can also play Wrath of the Lich King Classic at no additional cost.
Players without existing characters can take advantage of an optional level 70 character boost closer to Wrath of the Lich King Classic’s launch.
Further details, including information around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.