You’ve played LIVE A LIVE’s free demo and enjoyed it. If you need one more push to finally get this gem of a game from the 90’s, this trailer might be that deciding little nudge.
Publisher Square Enix and developer Historia just released the “Final” trailer for their upcoming game LIVE A LIVE HD-2D remake, which you can check out below:
For those who are unaware of this title, this was originally released for the Super Famicom system back in the 90’s with no official Western version.
Here’s more details from Nintendo:
A classic RPG reborn in HD-2D for its worldwide debut.
This storied RPG directed by Takashi Tokita, known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV, has been revitalized in the stunning HD-2D visual style and is being released outside of Japan for the first time. Each story features rearranged versions of the original music written by Kingdom Hearts series and Final Fantasy XV composer, Yoko Shimomura.
Play as Different Heroes Throughout the Ages
Discover a series of interwoven tales stretching throughout time—and the truth behind their shared history.
You can explore any of these seven stories right from the start. Which will you choose first?
- The Sundown Kid – The Wild West. Take a stand against outlaws and defend a frontier town.
- Oboromaru – Twilight of Edo Japan. Engage or elude your enemies to carry out a secret mission.
- Masaru Takahara – Present Day. Master new skills to become the world’s greatest warrior.
- Akira – The Near Future. Unravel a dark conspiracy with your psychokinetic powers.
- Cube – The Distant Future. Discover the truth of a tragedy aboard a ship in deep space.
- The Earthen Heart Shifu – Imperial China. Entrust your kung fu legacy to young disciples.
- Pogo – Prehistory. Survive in an age without words and save an innocent woman.
Wield Distinct Abilities During Battle and Exploration
Craft weapons and armor for survival as Pogo, hide from foes with shinobi techniques as Oboromaru, and use your psychokinetic powers to read minds and defeat enemies as Akira.
Each character has a distinct set of abilities and mechanics that change their gameplay. Utilize these character-specific abilities to excel in combat and progress through each chapter.
Explore in HD-2D
Explore each era in a stunning HD-2D visual style that blends 3D environments and modern effects with pixel-art characters and details.
LIVE A LIVE is releasing for the Nintendo Switch this July 22. A demo is also available for downoad now.