It has been over a year now since the game’s release, and finally, Bandai Namco has announced that a crossplay network beta test for Guilty Gear Strive will be available this month.
Basically, this confirms that crossplay will soon be available in Guilty Gear Strive, meaning players will soon be able to play with players on other platforms.
The best part is that even players who don’t own a copy of the game can participate in the upcoming beta, meaning this is a great chance for those who are interested to try out the game. Best of all, a PlayStation Plus subscription isn’t needed to try out the open beta and play multiplayer. Though progress in the beta will not carry over into the main game.
Aside from multiplayer, the beta will also feature various modes such as tutorials and the training mode. The beta will also feature all 21 characters, including all currently released DLC characters.
All the available modes include:
- Tutorial Mode: Learn the basics of how to play
- Mission Mode: Learn useful techniques for matches in a mission format
- Survival Mode: Fight consecutive battles against the COM with a limited pool of health
- Training Mode: Recreate a variety of situations and practice to your heart’s content.
- VS COM, VS 2P: Fight against the computer or a friend
- Online Match (Rank Tower, Open Park, Player Match): Play online against others from across the globe
- Combo Maker: Make your own original combo or setplay, and search for other players’ recipes to try
- Digital Figure: Set up characters, furniture, effects, and more to create your own unique scene
- Gallery: Check out the characters and BGM
The crossplay open beta will be available for download on October 13 at 3 pm PHT. The beta will then be available from October 14 at 9 am to October 17 at 3 pm PHT (GMT +8).
For more info, visit the official website.