Nintendo Indie World showcase featured a lot of upcoming gems that might be worth a blip in your radar. If you ask me, I would definitely suggest that you check out games coming out from Indonesian game development and publisher Toge Productions – namely these story/narrative driven titles A Space for the Unbound and Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly.
Check it out below:
A Space for the Unbound
High school is ending and the world is ending with it…
A Space For The Unbound is a slice-of-life adventure game that tells a story about overcoming anxiety, depression, and the relationship between a boy and a girl with supernatural powers.
Follow two high school sweethearts, Atma and Raya, on a journey of self-discovery at the end of their high school years. When a mysteriously supernatural power is suddenly unleashed threatening their existence, they must explore and investigate their town to uncover hidden secrets, face the end of the world, and perhaps learn more about each other.
Set in a small town inspired by 90s era rural Indonesia, A Space for The Unbound presents an endearing story-driven experience with a vibrant environment waiting to be explored.
A Space for the Unbound releases on January 19, 2023, for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly.
Coffee Talk is a game about listening to people’s problems and help them by serving a warm drink out of the ingredients you have. It is a game that tries to depict our lives as humanly as possible while having a cast that is more than just humans.
Developed and published by Toge Productions, the game was inspired by the calm feelings of drinking warm drinks in the middle of a cold rainy night, alone or accompanied by friends. The game features visual aesthetics that are inspired by 90s anime, classic pixel art adventure games, and the chill imageries often associated with lo-fi chillhop music.
Immerse yourself in the stories of alternative Seattle inhabitants, from the dramatic love story between an elf and a succubus, an alien journey trying to understand human’s life, and many other stories that we might be able to relate a lot.
The game features:
- Tales of people around the alternative Seattle, a city where elves, orcs, mermaids, and many other fantasy races live together with humans in a modern world we are familiar with
- Branching story lines where the decisions do not come from the dialogue options you choose, but through how you treat and serve the customers of your café
- 90s anime inspired pixel art visual and chill vibes inducing color palette to help you immerse yourself in the game’s world
- Selection of jazzy and lo-fi music to accompany the late night warm drinks and talks activities
- An experience to make you think, feels, and help rest your body and soul
Episode 2 of Coffee Talk releases for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, and PC in Spring 2023.