To welcome 2023, Riot Games is launching Wild Rift Patch 4.0: Rising Spark today, and it brings new updates, changes, skins, and more.
Here’s a quick rundown of everything that you can expect in Wild Rift Patch 4.0:
The latest patch brings two new champions, including:
- Zoe, the Aspect of Twilight, is ready to reshape the reality of mid lane… or support, for extra chaos.
- Going from Z to… Z! Bring the lightning with Zeri, the Spark of Zaun, electrifying the Dragon lane!
Patch 4.0 will introduce the following gameplay changes:
- Inhibitors will now respawn after some time has passed. This way, the game won’t feel like it is over if a team loses one early, allowing players to focus on facing off against the enemy team and less on their minions.
- Once players reach the late game, towers will begin to burn and eventually collapse. This mechanic should not trigger frequently, but when it does, players should feel the urgency of pushing their advantages or coming back from disadvantages through team fights instead of prolonged periods of waiting and farming up.
After updates to Junglers in Patch 3.5, Patch 4.0 introduces new tank items along with reworks. These inlcude:
- [NEW] Dawnshroud: When you immobilize a champion, Dawnshroud’s passive will damage and reveal nearby enemy champs. This effect will also trigger if you are immobilized.
- [REWORK] Randuin’s Omen: Now, when you’re hit by a critical strike, you’ll gain stacks. Attack a champion to consume the stacks and heal based on the damage you took. This is replacing one of the item’s old passives, which reduced damage from all critical strikes. Starting this patch, you’ll need to attack to make full use of your damage reduction instead of passively gaining it, which will reward good decision making as a tank.
- [REWORK] Frozen Heart: Basic attacks and magic damage caused by you, or inflicted upon you and nearby allies, will apply stacks of Chill to the enemy champion for 5 seconds. Each stack of Chill slows enemy attack speed by, up to a cap.We hope that with a stacking debuff instead of an effect with constant uptime, Frozen Heart’s impact will be more noticeable overall.
All Random Ultra Rapid Fire Mode is making a return to the Rift in Patch 4.0. In addition, Wild Rift is intrdoucing Execute-Smite in this iteration of ARURF.
Junglers can choose Smite as usual, but Smite’s effect won’t be an active to press–it’ll become a passive instead. When you damage a monster and cause its health to fall below Smite’s total damage, the spell will automatically trigger.
QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
The latest patch also includes the following quality of life changes:
- Adding sub-tiers to some ARAM titles, so that it’s easier for players to track their climb.
- Adding a Role Leaderboard, where players will be able to compare their role score with their friends. Players will also be able to see the top players for each role in their region. The best of the best will receive a special title
- At the start of the new ranked season, role scores will be reset. However, players will gain a boost for role score gains in the future based on their performance last season.
Ranked Season 8 is here with Patch 4.0, and it inroduces Glorious Crimson Nami. Players can claim her from the Season Rewards tab and pick up her Weapon Augment Upgrade from the Ranked Store.
A new patch comes with a new Wild Pass, and it features the new Supervillain Graves. Players can get his Ascended skin from the Wild Pass Emporium, though make sure to get it before he sneaks away.
Patch 4.0 will also feature Lunar New Year events, as well as map effects. PROJECT SURGE will also be ready to initiate in Patch 4.0 so players can prepare for new skins and new rewards when this event commences down the line.
Finally, Patch 4.0 introduces lots of new skins, including:
- Mythmaker Caitlyn
- Mythmaker Zoe
- Mythmaker Seraphine
- Mythmaker Gwen
- Mythmaker Caitlyn Special Edition
- Dragon Fist Lee Sin
- Firecracker Vayne
- PROJECT Lucian
- PROJECT Master Yi
- PROJECT Renekton
- PROJECT Zeri
- Battle Academia Leona
- Battle Principal Yuumi
Wild Rift Patch 4.0: Rising Spark launches today, January 12 UTC. For more info, visit the Wild Rift website.