Blizzard finally announced the upcoming Closed Beta and Open Beta for Diablo 4, and here’s a quick guide on how to get started.
In case you missed it, Blizzard revealed that the Diablo 4 Closed Beta is happening on March 17-19, 2023. Meanwhile, the Open Beta will happen from March 24-26, 2023. Both beta tests will be available on Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4.
Diablo 4 Closed Beta Access
The Diablo 4 Close Beta will be available to everyone who has pre-purchased the game on all platforms. For those who pre-purchased, no further action will be required.
Meanwhile, players with a Beta Early Access code can also get access to the Closed Beta by following these steps:
- Go to com/beta and log in or create your Battle.net account.
- Enter your code and select your gaming platform and region (if applicable) from the drop-down menu.
- Be sure to check your selections before clicking the Redeem
- A success page will confirm that your code was valid and claimed to the account.
- Watch your Battle.net account email for a platform-specific code. This will be emailed to you with new instructions shortly before Early Access to the Open Beta begins.
Diablo 4 Open Beta Access
As its name implies, the Diablo 4 Open Beta will be open for everyone, with no catch. During this beta as well as the Ealy Access weekend, players will be able to explore the early game of Diablo 4. Specifically, the Fractured Peaks (the first zone) can be navigated as players please.
Take note that both beta weekends will have a level cap of Level 25. Though reaching the level cap won’t prevent players from continuing to play the beta.
Ahead of the beta, the first Developer Update livestream for Diablo 4 is happening on February 28 at 11AM PST (March 1 at 3AM PH time). The stream will feature lead world designer Art Peshkov, lead systems designer Meng Song, and game director Joe Shely on the official Diablo Twitch and YouTube channels. There, they will explore the game’s Stronghold and Armor systems, and Open Beta details.
For more info on the beta, visit the official Blizzard blog.