As part of the Steam Next Fest, a free demo for the System Shock remake is now available on PC via Steam from February 6-13, 2023.
In case you missed its announcement a few months back, this game is a remake of the iconic 1994 System Shock game on PC. While it promises to be faithful to the original game, it features all-new HD visuals, updated controls, and enhanced interface, and new music.
The free System Shock remake demo lets players experience the entire opening level, with no restrictions!
The game’s premise and features are described as:
System Shock is the fully fledged remake of the ground breaking original from 1994, combining cult gameplay with all-new HD visuals, updated controls, an overhauled interface and all-new sounds & music; it even has the original voice actor of SHODAN, one of gaming’s most iconic villains. Witness the rebirth of one of the greatest and most influential games ever created.
- Fight to death in the depths of space
- Face off against the forces of a rogue AI gone mad
- Improve your skills and adapt to take on your foes
- Discover a non-linear story unfolding at your own pace
- Jack into cyberspace to hack the system and open other routes
- Innovative art style combines retro future design with modern technology
System Shock is available to pre-order for PC via Steam, GOG and the Epic Game Store. It will also be released on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.