2K has just released WWE 2K23 on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, and it adds lots of new content that promise to delight wrestling fans.
This latest game in the WWE 2K franchise features 16-time World Champion, Hollywood star, and record-setting philanthropist, John Cena. Specifically, Cena graces all the covers of the game’s three versions.
In case you missed it though, here’s a rundown of the big new features and enhancements that 2K23 brings to the table:
- WarGames: The much-requested mode delivers heart-pounding 3v3 and 4v4 single player or multiplayer mayhem inside two side-by-side rings, surrounded by a double-steel cage.
- “You Can’t Beat Me” 2K Showcase Starring John Cena: This Showcase will let players step into the boots of several of Cena’s toughest competitors. The showcase spans Cena’s 20-year WWE career and it uses Slingshot Tech for a seamless transition from gameplay to live-action footage to add even more impact to Cena’s biggest moments.
- MyFACTION: This team-building mode lets players collect, manage, and upgrade a selection of WWE Superstars and Legends to create their ultimate four-person factions. There will also be year-round scheduled Live-Events that aim to keep things fresh.
- MyGM: The MyGM mode now features five new GMs, including Xavier Woods, Tyler Breeze, Eric Bischoff, Kurt Angle, and Mick Foley. It also features two new brands, including NXT 2.0 and WCW, seven new match types, more titles, endless play with multiple Seasons and Seasonal Challenges, Hall of Fame progression, and more.
- Universe: In the WWE Universe sandbox, players take charge of their own version of WWE, and it comes with a new and improved story system that gives users control over rivalries.
- Creation Suite: The creation suite returns with cross-platform community creations, including the ability to design custom Superstars, GMs, arenas, entrances, move sets, championships and more.
- MyRISE: MyRISE lets players start and shape a new wrestler’s career with two unique storylines: The Lock and The Legacy.
- A Huge Roster: WWE 2K23 features a roster of 201 new and returning Superstars, including Cody Rhodes, Roman Reigns, Queen Zelina, Undertaker, Bron Breakker, Chyna, Roxanne Perez, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rhea Ripley, Drew McIntyre, Cora Jade, Bianca Belair, Carmelo Hayes and many more. Meanwhile, Plus Ruthless Aggression versions of John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar are included in the Deluxe Edition and Icon Editiom.
- New Pin Kick-out Mechanic: Along with the classic button-mashing method, a new pin kick-out mechanic is available for better accessibility.
- Bad Bunny Bonus Pack: Bad Bunny is one of the most streamed artists in the world for 2022 and he finally makes his WWE 2K debut in 2K23.
- DLC Galore: Finally, fan-favorite Superstars including Bray Wyatt, The O.C., The Steiner Brothers, Zeus, Wade Barrett, and Eve Torres will headline five packs of regular content updates through August. In total, 24 new Superstars will be released post-launch.
WWE 2K23 is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. it’s available in four editions: Standard Edition, Cross-Gen, Deluxe Edition, and Icon Edition.
For more info, visit the official website.