Following its reveal, SEGA and Creative Assembly have released Total War: Warhammer 3 – The Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs.
The Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs is the game’s latest campaign pack, and it introduces the Chaos Dwarfs as another playable race. With this, players will be able to command the powerful Astragoth Ironhand, Drazhoath the Ashen, and Zhatan the Black; as well as enjoy the new race’s unique mechanics.
As with previous campaign packs, The Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs’ highlight is the three new Legendary Lords. They are:
- Astragoth Ironhand, High Priest of Hashut, is the most potent Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer-Prophet. However, his body has begun to petrify, confining him to near-living entombment within a powerful mech-suit.
- Drazhoath the Ashen, Sorcerer Prophet of Hashut, is the Lord of the Black Fortress and commander of the fell Legion of Azgorh. Exiled by Astragoth, Drazhoath’s mastery of magic and engineering has only grown stronger, as has his thirst for revenge.
- Zhatan the Black is the commander of the Tower of Zharr. His unmatched battle prowess has left the hell forges struggling to keep up with his insatiable demand for weapons and munitions.
Along with these, the campaign pack also features four unique campaign mechanics that are described as:
- The Hell Forge – allows the Chaos Dwarf legions to grow stronger by developing special schematics forged in fire. Each of these grants battle bonuses.
- The Tower of Zharr – grants unique faction rewards upon promotion.
- Convoys – allow the trading of war tools in return for a variety of resources, whilst engaging in battles and exchanging laborers along the way.
- The Chaos Dwarfs’ Economy requires a multi-layered approach and proper management of laborers to keep the forges fuelled, construct advanced buildings, and expand the empire.
As a bonus, the game also adds new free content in the form of The Tzeentchian Mirror of Madness DLC, isthe latest collaboration between the Lords of Change at Intel and Creative Assembly.
The DLC pack features these two game modes:
- The Trials of Fate – player assume the role of Daemon Prince of Tzeentch in a series of intense survival challenges. Players must go through four infamous battles, culminatint in a fight against Kairos Fateweaver
- The Infinite Portal – gives players access to reality-bending features and settings. This allows players to tweak gravity, collision impact, explosion radius, blood quantity, and more.
Total War: Warhammer 3 – Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs is available now for players who own a copy of the base game.