With the game’s release just a few days away, 2K revealed more details about the upcoming features and updates to MyTEAM in NBA 2K24. For this year’s NBA 2K title, MyTEAM will get various enhancements, including an overhaul of the XP system, a new Player Market, crossplay for New Gen versions, and more.
To give you a rundown of what to expect, here are the highlights of the NBA 2K24 MyTEAM updates:
- MTP Upgrades: MTP earn rates for all modes have been greatly improved, bringing more flexibility to everyone just for playing games in MyTEAM.
- Salary Cap: This new multiplayer mode coming to MyTEAM in NBA 2K24 features three, two- week rounds each Season. Each round comes with its own leaderboard, salary limit for lineups, and rewards.
- New Player Market: In NBA 2K24, player cards can be acquired directly from the new Player Market using VC or MTP, allowing more team customization options than ever before. The Player Market replaces the Auction House to create a level playing field for everyone in MyTEAM while granting access to almost any Player Card available.
- Key Changes to Pack Market: Community feedback has also been implemented in the Pack Market. New releases in the Pack Market will not only feature improved odds for rare Player Cards, but the Pack Market will also include more options for guaranteed pulls with fan-favorite pack types, and more.
- XP System Overhaul: Season level cross progression is now shared between MyCAREER and MyTEAM meaning how players earn XP is changing. This year, simply playing MyTEAM earns XP. Win or lose, every game players complete will progress them closer to leveling up during that Season.
- Crossplay: For the first time, players on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will be able to compete against each other or team-up in Triple Threat Online: Co-Op.
- Coach Cards: Coach Cards in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM are receiving a new way to bring the most out of a Player Cards’ performance on the court with new Coach Boosts. Each Coach Card can now feature a unique boost in certain game situations.
NBA 2K24 will be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on September 8, 2023.
For the complete details on the new MyTEAM updates, check out the latest Courtside Report.