After appearing in Gaiden in live-action scenes, popular VTuber kson is also going to play a role in Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, this time as an in-game character.
Recently, SEGA and RGG Studio shared new details about Infinite Wealth’s Honolulu setting. Included in the new info is the reveal of Revolve Bar, a modest karaoke bar that Kiryu frequents. There, players can give ingredients to the bartender which can be turned into a meal.
Present at the bar is kson — well, technically it’s kson playing Kei, a staff member at the bar. This is her second appearance in the series following Gaiden, though unlike her previous live-action appearance, kson is the model for an in-game character for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth.
Along with kson’s new character, RGG Studio also shared some info on the game’s massive Honolulu, Hawaii map which is three times bigger than the Yokohama map in Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
The map will be divided into multiple areas, including:
- Aloha Beach – One of the island’s most popular locations, visitors come from all over to surf or simply unwind on the beach.
- Anaconda – This area is home to the Anaconda Shopping Center, which is the largest shopping complex in Hawaii.
- Waikiki – Another shopping district with souvenir shops and major brand retailers.
- Chinatown – A place alive with street vendors, produce markets, and the vibrant chatter of locals and tourists.
- Little Japan – An area populated by the local Japanese community in Hawaii.
- District Five – A part of the city which has been taken over by local mafia.
Finally, RGG Studio revealed activities and transport options in the game. For transport, there’s the electric scooter to traverse long distances, as well as the trolleybus which also features a unique mini-game.
While roaming around the map, players can also collect items, swim, go fishing, and more.
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth will be released on January 26, 2024 for the PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.