SEGA and Cygames are continuing to hype up Granblue Fantasy: Relink by sharing new details on the game’s setting, the Primal Beasts, and the playable characters. This new info comes shortly after we got a look at the game’s story and art.
For this new info drop, we got details on the game’s world which is described as:
There exists a world where islands of all shapes and sizes float in a sea of clouds. It is a world forsaken by the gods.
Once upon a time, people known as the Astrals attempted to seize control of this world with their overwhelming might, but the citizens of the skies repelled the invaders, thus ushering in a new era of peace.
Living on a little-known island in a remote part of the skies, you find a letter left behind by your father telling you to set off for a legendary island.
However, before you leave, you meet a mysterious girl named Lyria, inevitably setting the wheels of fate in motion.
Also shared were two locations. The first is Zegagrande Skydom, the legendary Island of the Astrals, Estalucia, Then there’s the Sky Realm which is home to four races that have come together to shape civilization.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink – Primal Beasts
Also shared were details on the Primal Beasts. These beasts were created by the Astrals and boast god-like powers.
Following the War 500 years ago, the Primal Beasts fell into a slumber. But when one awakens, they rampage as they only obey the Astrals.
One of these Primal Beasts is Proto Bahamut which can be summoned by joining forces with Lyria.
There’s also Furycane, a primal beast that governs vitality.
Playable Characters and Companions
Cygames also revealed the playable characters and the five companions that players get at the start of the game. For the playable characters, players can choose from one of the two options and switch between them anytime.
Meanwhile, here are the first five companions that players start with:
- Katalina – Skybound Protector
- Katalina once swore an oath of knighthood to the Erste Empire, but those days are long behind her. Her knightly duty continues, though now in the service of protecting Lyria.
- Rackam – Skybound Navigator
- Helmsman of the airship Grandcypher, he can be as untamed as the open skies.
- Io – Skybound Dreamer
- Don’t let her small size fool you. This young mage is eager to showcase her impressive talent. She vows to bring smiles to the world.
- Eugen – Skybound Soldier
- A veteran skyfarer whose combat prowess is rivaled only by his regret.
- Rosetta – Skybound Watcher
- A bystander whose roots are firmly planted in both the past and present.
As the game progresses, the number of Companions will increase as players will be able to recruit more characters.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink will be released on PS5, PS4, and PC via Steam on February 1, 2024.